Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

It is always time to be thankful!

1. I am thankful that I have a garden and that my children look forward to getting their hands dirty, just like me. My daughter was so excited yesterday, when I showed her the artichoke seeds. It time to get the seed packets out.
2. I am thankful that my mother taught me how to can and freeze the bounty from my garden.
3. I am thankful that my husband purchased a rototiller for me to use in my garden. I love to till my garden, preparing the soil for planting. I know that God does the same thing in us. I pray that my life is a bountiful harvest for Him.
4. I am thankful that I can use my two hands.
5. I am thankful that spring is almost here! A time of rebirth and renewal. Just like we are new in Christ because of His redeeming love, His death and His resurrection.

This is how my garden currently looks, I can't wait to see it resurrected. Some day I will share more with you on how God relates life lessons to me when I am gardening.

May your day be blessed!

6 comments:

  1. I remember my father working hard preparing, planting and harvesting our garden. What an excellent picture to see my Heavenly Father preparing, planting and will one day harvest the soil of my heart!

    Blessings to you this spring!
    Happy Gardening!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very nice blog site and I enjoyed reading about your garden plans. We also need to re-do our garden making it much larger as well as getting some seeds started (I'm late with this, sniff). It's great to see so many Christian sites too.
    blessings,

    marcy (with a Y)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fresh veggies...and canned ones too...but I'm the child that never learned the differnce between the plant and weed...well needless to say...I earned a dollar once from my grandparents for knocking out all of the plants & leaving the weeds! LOL...I did help harvest though...I can sting a bean in record time!

    I hope that God blesses your garden with abundance...
    Tessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is coming! Good luck with your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcie,
    Love this post. I enjoy gardening as well. I need to get started now. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts on my post about The Praying Wives Club. I emailed you but not sure that you have seen it..
    Have a great day!!
    Cherie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell you love gardening! It's going to be beautiful I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete