Thursday, April 2, 2009
I can't believe that it is already Thursday. I have been away with my family for spring break and when we got back my 'To Do List' just seemed to multiply. I just can't miss another Thankful Thursday. If you would like to join in with Thankful Thursday, just click on the picture and it will take you to Sonja's blog, Truth 4 the Journey.
1. I am thankful for my sweet daughter. We took our dog Jack for a walk last night, just the two of us. She told me that she loved just walking and talking with me, that it was the "best day". She then suggested we go home and have a tea party, which we did.
2. I am thankful for what my husband and I refer to as "Soda Time". Every night when my husband comes home from work, we each grab a soda. We then head for the living room, the front porch, or the gazebo to talk about our days. Our kids know that this is mom and dad's special time together. Sometimes we let them join in.
3. I am thankful for my dishwasher, which unfortunately is currently broken. Hopefully, there will be a kind person that will show up today at 4pm, to fix it for me. I don't want to buy a new one, as I love the one I have.
4. I am thankful that there are kind people in the world and every now and then I get to meet a new one. I meet a nice christian lady yesterday. She came to our house to gives us a bid for an invisible fence, to contain our dog to our yard. The last time he wandered from home, he came home in the front seat of someones Land Rover. Yikes, Jack, don't rip the leather. Anyway, this gal was nice and kind. Hopefully, I will get a chance to get to know her a little better.
5. I am thankful for God that knows better than I do. It is that time of the year, during which, I fill out a form to help the teaching staff choose a teacher, for my kids for next year. Of course they don't allow you to say I want teacher XYZ, I would probably make a bad choice anyway. I don't put much faith in this form but what I do put my faith in is God. This is when I start to pray for His will and that He would place them in the best classroom to meet their needs.
Have a great day and look for the blessings!