Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Soldier for Christ

I am not sure as to how God would want me to use this blog for His kingdom but I will give it my best. Today I received an awesome email from a fellow believer and I wanted to share it because I found it to be so powerful. Don't you want to live your life like this? My friend wrote:
I woke up this morning with a sore throat and 4 days left on my health insurance. I had a couple of errands to run and then I was going to go home try to get an appointment at the doctors, then crawl back to bed. My first stop was a day shelter for the homeless. I was dropping off some pastries. As I looked into the eyes of the guests there, some familiar some not, I forgot about my sore throat and found myself telling a friend about how good things were despite being laid off. Then I stopped by the mission to drop off some deodorant I had found on sale along with some clothes. I told some friends there what GOD was doing with my time off and how he continues to provide for my family. By the time I left to go to the unemployment office, crawling back into bed seemed like surrender. (not gonna do it) Today is filled with blessings. As a soldier for Christ I will never be unemployed, but I do have a promise of retirement in paradise PRAISE GOD!
Thanks Rob!

3 comments:

  1. I love how you said you are a soldier for Christ!! We just came back from our Women's Retreat and the word that God gave us resenated with all of us is "Warrior Princess". Not the same words as yours but still the same.
    Thank you for wanting to follow our blog. I would like to follow yours as well. I like what you said. Keep your faith high and continue to seek God in all you do! Trust him and he will trust you back.
    Thanks,

    Cherie L Zack
    SALT Ministry :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcie, I checked back to see what's new with you. I know you have a lot to talk about. I look forward to reading your thoughts and Gods.
    God Bless you!! Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfull you shared...sets you to think..and than to see field with enough WORK to do!!

    Blessings
    Bernice

    ReplyDelete